3x8 7 Foot Trellis Garden Hoop House Green House Attachment with Optional Hinge
Hoop houses shield crops from small hail, excessive rain and wind, all of which can reduce crop yield and quality. Hoop houses also enable the grower to maintain a more ideal growing temperature over an extended period of time.
Reasons for having and using a hoop house.
1. An extended or earlier growing season because plants are protected from cold weather.
2. Faster crop growth and higher total yields.
3. Beautiful unblemished crops not battered by the elements.
4. Fewer foliage diseases because the leaves can stay dry.
5. Crop survival at lower temperatures in the hoophouse than is possible outdoors.
6. Better crop recovery in winter due to warm sunny days following the cold nights.
7. Some protection from deer and other pests large and small.
8. Soil temperature stays above 50F (10C) in zone 6b. Warm soil = faster cold weather growth.